Marine Accessories Corporation (“MAC”) is a leading designer and manufacturer of wakeboard tower, canvas cover, and marine accessories.
In 2015, Blue Sage partnered with the MAC management team to elevate systems and processes, pursue M&A, and accelerate several growth initiatives. In less than three years, the MAC management team and Blue Sage were able to grow the business both organically and inorganically and implement several operational improvements to fuel significant earnings growth which positioned the company for a successful sale to a strategic acquirer in 2018.
Blue Sage Capital Partnership Initiatives
Consummated two strategic acquisitions
- Added resources to broaden MAC's direct-to-consumer channel
- Retrofitted manufacturing process by introducing lean principles and reconfiguring manufacturing facility
- Upgraded ERP system and accounting functions from four discrete entities to one consolidated enterprise
- Expanded management team and utilized outside advisor to provide board expertise
- Gained market share and increased the total addressable market through addition of new products, end markets, and distribution channels
- Provided strategic support to establish physical presence in Europe
- Invested in capital equipment to automate bottlenecks in the production process
This case study is presented for illustrative purposes only and represents a select past investment made by Blue Sage Capital. A full list of investments is available on our website. The investments identified and described do not represent all of the securities purchased or sold. The Reader should not assume that an investment in the securities was or will be profitable.