Frontier Waste Solutions (“Frontier”) is a leading fully-licensed, non-hazardous solid waste and recycling collection service company serving the North Texas, Central Texas, Greater Houston, and Coastal Bend areas.
In 2017, Blue Sage partnered with a waste industry veteran to form Frontier and acquire Access Disposal Services and K2 Waste Solutions. Since inception of the platform, Blue Sage and Frontier management have worked together to densify and expand operations through greenfield initiatives, municipal contract wins, and M&A. To support this period of company development and rapid growth, Blue Sage helped Frontier install processes, procedures, and systems and recruit an expanded management team to build a best-in-class independent waste hauler.
Blue Sage Capital Partnership Initiatives
- Completed nine tuck-in acquisitions as of May 2020
- Launched and stabilized successful greenfield initiative
- Implemented IT, financial reporting, corporate governance, and audit systems for newly formed company
- Instituted processes to optimize metric-based decision making and further automate collection routes
- Supported investments in best-in-class equipment and facilities
- Expanded management team and marketing / customer support functions
- Managed multiple financings to accelerate growth
Note: Frontier is a current portfolio company of Blue Sage Capital.
This case study is presented for illustrative purposes only and represents a select investment made by Blue Sage Capital. A full list of investments is available on our website. The investments identified and described do not represent all of the securities purchased or sold. The Reader should not assume that an investment in the securities was or will be profitable.